Algeria signed the Maputo Protocol in December, 2003 and ratified it on November 2016.
- The 2016 constitutional amendment: principle of equality between citizens and non-discrimination based on sex. The amendment promotes equality between men and women in the labormarket.
- Action Plan for the period 2014-2019: prioritized women’s economic integration.
- 2012 national committee and local committees for the empowerment of rural women: to improve social and economic conditions.
- 2016: creation of the Women and Children Committee in the National Council of HumanRights.
- Act No. 15-19 of 2015 amending the Penal code: articles criminalizing sexual violence (articles 333 bis (2) (3)), domesticviolence (articles 222 bis (1), 266bis, 330 bis) and sexual harassment (articles 341 bis).
- 2013: creation of the national committee of the national strategy to combat violence against women.
- 2014: creation of the intersectional committee for reform the provisions concerning violence against women in the Penal Code.